TRAVELING WITH CHILDREN:
Please check with individual casino and hotel operator for rules but usually children are allowed to pass through casinos accompanied by an adult. However, children cannot stand around in gaming areas while adults gamble, in that case a security officer will ask you to move on.
AGE RESTRICTION AT THE CASINO AND SHOWS:
The legal age is 21 for drinking and gambling. Children under 18 are not allowed on streets or public areas unless accompanied by an adult after 9:00 PM. There are certain age restrictions on shows containing adult content but there are plenty of family shows in Vegas where children can accompany (comedy and magic shows in particular).
Some hotels provide child care services and some of them even offer cribs. Also check out the New Horizon Kids Quest (kidsquest.com) located at several hotels. Often children under 12 will receive a discount, check with your hotel. Some hotels like Boulder Station, Orleans, Palms, Loews Lake, South Point, Texas Station, Santa Fe Station and more, provide child-care and recreation facilities.
But there are lot of other things you can do:
There are swimming pools, video game parlors, watch family shows and enjoy the roller coasters. You can go to hiking, horse riding at Red rock canyon or water sports at Lake Mead. Some red rocks of the Red Rock Canyon and Valley 1 million years old. Consider taking a tour to the Hoover dam located about 40 minutes from Las Vegas strip.
Popular children activities on the Las Vegas Strip include:
1. Circus-Circus hotel in Las Vegas has the most entertainment activities for children in their Adventuredome.
2. Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat at the Mirage.
3. Lion Habitat at MGM.
4. Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay.
5. Pyramid and IMAX Theater at the Luxor.
6. Fall of Atlantis at Caesars.
7. Mirage volcano show.
8. The Fountains at Bellagio.
9. Rainforest Cafe and aquarium at the MGM.
10. White Tiger Habitat at Mirage.
11. Roller coaster for children and adults at New York - New York.
12. Take a ride on a gondola ride at the Venetian.
13. Go to the top of Stratosphere and Eiffel Tower.
14. "Star Trek: The Experience" at the Las Vegas Hilton.
15. 53,000-square-foot Wet Republic at the MGM Grand.
Vegas with children can be fun provided you plan intelligently. If you wish to stay away from the Strip, then consider staying at the Red Rock Casino, Resort and Spa, located 10 miles west of the strip, near the Red Rock Mountains. They also offer large pool, movie theater and bowling alley. Another option is the MonteLago Village Resort at Lake Las Vegas which has a man made lake and designed to make you feel like a Mediterranean village.